Merry Christmas to all of you.....
I'm sorry that I haven't been keeping up with my blog......too busy.......let's see, where have I been.......
On the 18th of December, Kim and I took off for the Twin Cities.....we arrived safely, much to the tense driving snowy conditions (Thanks, Kim.....good driver!) Then after a quick visit, Trina and I drove off to the Target Center that night to see Celine Dion in concert.......we didn't get home until close to midnight! What a performer that Celine is! Needless to say, we really enjoyed her concert.
Then Kim and I played and enjoyed Morgan and Natalie.......we gave some "date time" to Trina and Jon whenever possible.......thus, Kim and I built the train tracks, played trucks and dress-up, pulled the kids on sleds outside, and rolled out & decorated Christmas cookies.....etc. Whew!
Yes, we packed it all in.....including visiting the Christmas display at Macy's on the 8th floor....this year's theme was an elf visit and a sneak peek into the lives of Santa's elves at the North Pole....really cute display and quite the detail work! Oh....yes....I can't forget to mention a quick trip to IKEA.....we love that store! Great ideas for future projects......
On Sunday, we left for home.....to Marquette......what a tough drive with the black ice on the roads, so Kim and I took the LONG way home....through Hayward and Spooner.....it did take us longer, but we were safer! I even read an entire book...."The Red (Christmas )Sweater".....it was a tear jerker......my friend loaned it to me......and it was very emotional!
Back at home, we made some cookies and did some more baking.....along with some cross-country skiing, etc. Kim and I did some last minute shopping.....in preparation for the holiday. We spent some time with Kim's Mike (Parks), before he had to drive back downstate on Tuesday, as he had to work this holiday segment....Christmas Eve....etc. He's working as an RN in an emergency room at the Mt. Pleasant Hospital......learning so much and doing what he's been trained to do......we're so proud of him!
On Christmas Eve, we took the whole family to the children's mass at St. Peter's Cathedral....it was beautiful and very spiritual. Stella and Spencer really were transfixed with the holiday decorations and the nativity scene. Spencer fell asleep during the mass, but Stella kept alert with her fruit chews and HUGE apple to eat. She even had time to play with some play dough (to help keep her occupied)...and she proudly announced to those around her...."Look...I made baby Jesus!"....it was a special moment! :-)
The family spent Christmas Day at Kirsti and Mike's house, opening presents, eating goodies, and even going sledding at the small sledding hill by their house. Then while the kids were napping, Kirsti, Kim, Dom, and I went cross-country skiing at Blueberry Ridge.....followed by a sauna and a big turkey dinner at our house......
Well....there you have it....I still have to do my Christmas cards....but I'll probably save that for next week.....the cards will have to be New Year's cards this year.....I think I may start a new tradition for myself! So everyone will have to wait for my cards....sorry!
Hugs to all of you who read my blog.......I wish you the best of health and happiness......
1 comment:
Cute Picture mom
Post a Comment